Just when I think I’ve got a handle on our schedule…up comes PTA meetings and the youngest one’s swimming classes! Whoa!
So here’s what made the menu this week to easy the stress!
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
½ cup sliced olives
½ pound spinach, kale or bok choy
6 tomatoes, sliced
12 eggs, beaten with 1 teaspoon salt
½ cup shredded provolone
Preheat oven to 400degrees. Warm 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes. Stir in olives and transfer to bowl.
Add spinach, salt and pepper to pan. Cook 2-4minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl.
Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to pan. Cook 2-3minutes.
Spread tomatoes across bottom of pan. Pour 1/3 of egg mixture into pan. Cook 1-2minutes.
Top with spinach and cheese. Pour ½ of remaining egg mixture on top. Cook 2-3minutes.
Spread olive and onion mixture over top. Pour remaining eggs over mixture. Cook 2-3minutes.
Transfer to over 10-15 minutes.
Bonus Meal 2:
This doubled as a quick and healthy breakfast all week! Just heat and go!
6-7 pounds cut up organic chicken
3 medium onions, roughly chopped
2 big carrots, roughly chopped
3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
2 tablespoon thyme
– place chicken in a large ziplock bag.
– fill bag with enough water to cover chicken.
– add brine ingredients and shake (over sink in case bag isn’t completely sealed! ;)) to combine.
– cut up all veggies and thyme and place in another bag or container.
Day of cooking:
– preheat oven to 400 degrees
– drain chicken
– place chicken and veggies in a large roasting pan
– add 1 cup water to pan
– roast for 1 hour – 1 hour 30 minutes or till chicken registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
Serve with a spinach salad!
Bonus Meal 2:
I then used the leftovers (chicken and veggies), as the base to a chicken soup.
Combine shredded chicken, rice spaghetti and chicken stock. Bring to a low boil and continue till spaghetti is cooked through.
This makes a yummy, healthy and quick soup in under 20 minutes!!!! And tastes different than the meal the night (or 2 nights) prior!