Have no time to cook? Then this is the meal plan for you! (A current client used this same EXACT meal plan for 2 weeks and lost 2 pounds and 2 inches from her waist!)
Work, cleaning, caring for the kiddos, self-care, exercise….there are so many things pulling at us throughout the week and day that it can seem impossible to get a home-cooked healthy meal on the table during the week. But it doesn’t have to be!
The key to healthy week day meals, is a little planning. Set aside 1-2 hours on a Saturday or Sunday to prep for the week, plus time to shop (don’t worry I provided you with a shopping list too…You’re Welcome! Just print, add any personal items, cross off anything you already have, and go.)
Print out the meal plan and the recipes. Post the meal plan where you can see it in your kitchen and place the recipes in a folder so they’re all ready to go during the week.
This exact same meal plan helped a current client:
– have more energy
– get healthy meals on the table for the whole family all week
– have healthy lunches to take to work
– the money she saved from eating out or on the go, she used in her meal plan
– lose 2 pounds and 2 inches from her waist in 2 weeks!!!! With no other changes!
Eating healthy does not have to be difficult, especially during the week. This meal plan will get you started!!!!
(can easily stretch for smaller families – under 4 people – for 2 weeks)
|Breakfast||1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup almond milk, microwave for 2 minutes, ADD 1 banana sliced, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds||1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup almond milk, microwave for 2 minutes, ADD 1 cup strawberries sliced, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 tablespoon chopped almonds||1 tablespoon peanut butter spread on 1 slice whole grain toast, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon & 1 teaspoon honey||1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup almond milk, microwave for 2 minutes, ADD 1 cup strawberries sliced, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 tablespoon chopped almonds||1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup almond milk, microwave for 2 minutes, ADD 1 banana sliced, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds||1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup almond milk, microwave for 2 minutes, ADD 1 cup strawberries sliced, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 tablespoon chopped almonds||1 tablespoon peanut butter spread on 1 slice whole grain toast, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon & 1 teaspoon honey|
|Snack||1 pear & 2 tablespoon peanut butter||1 banana with 1 cup Greek yogurt||1 orange with10 pecans||1 apple & 2 tablespoon peanut butter||1 orange with 10 pecans||1 banana with 1 cup Greek yogurt||1/2 red pepper sliced with 2 tablespoon hummus|
|Lunch||Tuna Salad 1/2 cup tuna on 2 cups spinach, 2 cup navy beans, 6 olives chopped, 1/4 chopped avocado & 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar||Turkey Wraps 3 slices turkey each one wrapped around 1 slice avocado, 1 leaf lettuce, 1 slice tomato, 2 slices red bell pepper Dip into mustard||Spinach & Egg Salad 4 cups spinach, 2 hard boiled eggs chopped, 1/2 red bell pepper diced with 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar & 1 teaspoon olive oil||Chicken Spinach Salad 1 cup cooked chicken diced, 4 cups spinach, 1 cup shredded red bell pepper, 1 cucumber diced, toss with 2 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 tablespoon water, 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon olive oil & 1 teaspoon honey||Turkey Wraps 3 slices turkey each one wrapped around 1 slice avocado, 1 leaf lettuce, 1 slice tomato, 2 slices red bell pepper Dip into mustard||Tuna Salad 1/2 cup tuna on 2 cups spinach, 2 cup navy beans, 6 olives chopped, 1/4 chopped avocado & 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar||Spinach & Egg Salad 4 cups spinach, 2 hard boiled eggs chopped, 1/2 red bell pepper diced with 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar & 1 teaspoon olive oil|
|Snack||1/2 red pepper sliced with 2 tablespoon hummus||1 cup leftover tortilla soup||1 cucumber sliced 1/4 cup humus||1 cup Greek yogurt with 1 teaspoon cinnamon & 1 teaspoon honey||1 cup leftover tortilla soup||1 cucumber sliced 1/4 cup humus||1 cup Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon ground flax & 1 teaspoon honey|
|Dinner||Tortilla Soup||Pork Tenderloin w/spinach||Shrimp, Peas & Broccoli||Steak w/green beans||Chicken w/sweet potato & spinach salad||Chile Chicken Tortillas||Chicken Quesadillas|
Strawberries (2 packages)
Whole Grain Toast
Greek Yogurt (6)
Red Pepper (2)
Tuna (2 cans)
Spinach (5 packages)
Navy beans (2 cans)
olives (1 can)
Deli turkey (1/2 pound)
Eggs (1 dozen)
Apple cider vinegar
Extra virgin Olive oil
Chicken breast, skinless (9)
corn tortillas (1)
6 oz fresh spicy poultry sausage, such as chicken or turkey
14-oz can no-salt-added diced tomatoes (1)
low-sodium chicken broth (2)
pork tenderloin (2 pounds)
1 clove garlic, minced
whole-wheat bread crumbs
red wine vinegar
3lbs cooked shrimp
frozen peas (1 package)
broccoli (2 heads)
green beans (1 pound)
garlic (1 head)
sweet potatoes (4)
12 whole-wheat tortillas (each 7 1/2 inches in diameter)
green bell pepper (1)
red onion (1)
mozzarella cheese, shredded
monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 no-salt-added corn tortillas
• 1 2/3 tbsp olive or safflower oil, divided
• 1 small white onion, chopped
• 6 oz fresh spicy poultry sausage, such as chicken or turkey habanero
• 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
• 1 tbsp ground dried chile, such as ancho
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 14-oz can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
• 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 6 radishes, sliced
• 1 1/2 cups cabbage, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. To make tortilla strips, brush tortillas on 1 side with 2 tsp oil, then stack tortillas and cut into very thin strips, about 2 inches long (if using leftover tortillas, stack those pieces and cut into thin strips, then toss with oil). Spread tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake until crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan or small soup pot, saute onion in 1 tbsp oil over medium-high until it starts to soften. Slit sausage casings and crumble meat into pan, and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in oregano, chile and cumin; then add tomatoes and their liquid, broth and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Serves 6. Serve tortilla strips, radishes and cabbage alongside to add to each bowlful, as desired.
2lb pork tenderloin
- season with salt, pepper, garlic powder & onion powder
- broil in the oven for 20 minutes
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 36 oz fresh baby spinach
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp dry whole-wheat bread crumbs
• 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
• 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 tsp red wine vinegar
1. Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high. Add spinach and garlic and sauté until spinach is just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Add breadcrumb mixture to spinach and cook until heated, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
Shrimp, Peas & Broccoli
- 3lbs cooked shrimp
- 1 cup shredded basil
- 2 cups peas
- 3 cups broccoli
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 onion, diced
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onion, cook 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, peas & broccoli, cook 5 minutes
- Add lemon zest & juice, salt & pepper to taste.
Steak with green beans
- 4 steaks
- 4 cups (1pound) green beans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cook steaks according to liking
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add garlic, 1 minute. Add green beans, cook approx. 5 minutes.
Chicken with sweet potato & spinach salad
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tomatos diced
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dash chile powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt, pepper & dash chili powder. Cook in over, turning once, 25-30 minutes
- Peel & dice sweet potatoes. Cover with water in a stock pot & bring to a boil. Cook till fork tender. Drain, return to pot & mash with 1 teaspoon honey & dash chili powder.
- Combine spinach, tomato, apple cider vinegar & olive oil
Chile Chicken Tortillas
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, patted dry and cut into thin strips
• 1 tbsp chile powder
• 4 whole-wheat tortillas (each 7 1/2 inches in diameter)
• 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
• 1 medium green bell pepper (4 oz), thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
• 1 lime, quartered
• 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
• 1/4 cup greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp water, optional
• Juice 1 lime
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
1. Prepare Avocado Cream: Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth; set aside. (NOTE: If not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set on medium-high heat. Season chicken with chile powder. Once skillet is hot, cook chicken for 3 minutes or until no longer pink in center, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Place lettuce, pepper and onions onto each torilla, dividing evenly. Spoon about 3 tbsp Avocado Cream onto each and top with chicken, dividing evenly. Squeeze lime over each tortilla and serve immediately. Tortillas may be served open-faced with a knife and fork or rolled-up like a burrito.
Chicken, Spinach & Monterey Jack Quesadillas
• 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 2 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 medium white onion, finely diced
• 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
• 1 bag spinach (6 to 8 oz), stems removed
• 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
• 1/2 cup navy beans, drained and rinsed under cold water
• 3/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1/4 cup fresh herbs (flat-leaf parsley and rosemary), chopped
• Juice 1/2 lemon
• Pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
• 8 small herb and whole-grain tortillas (6-inch diameter each)
PREP & FREEZE
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly coat chicken with 1/2 tsp oil and season with salt and black pepper. Place chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 14 to 16 minutes, or until fully cooked. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high. When oil is hot, add onion and red pepper, stirring frequently until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add spinach to pan and stir to combine, until spinach is slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Remove mixture from pan and pour into a paper towel–lined bowl. Set aside and allow to cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, Add beans, mashing beans slightly. Add cheeses, herbs, lemon juice and nutmeg. Season with salt and black pepper and stir well to combine. Set aside. When chicken is cool enough to handle, dice into 1/2-inch pieces and add to cheese mixture.
5. Working in small batches, squeeze excess moisture from spinach mixture with your hands. Discard any liquid and add spinach mixture to chicken-cheese mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. On a flat surface, lay out tortillas and scoop about 1/3 cup mixture into center of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half, pressing gently to flatten filling evenly, until filling is about 1/4-inch from edge (you want to prevent the filling from leaking out during cooking). Lightly brush both sides of quesadilla with oil and season with salt and black pepper.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place quesadillas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 24 to 26 minutes, or until filling is hot throughout and tortillas are golden brown and crisp. Allow filling to set for 3 minutes before cutting. Cut in half and serve immediately.
- Cut up all veggies and place in plastic bags
- Cook Tortilla Soup and store in fridge (simply reheat)
- Cook Pork Tenderloin and store in fridge (or freeze)
- Cook Chicken breasts and sweet potatoes. Store sweet potatoes in fridge (just reheat and mash). Store chicken breasts in fridge or freeze.
- Cook Chile Chicken for tortillas and freeze
- Prep and Freeze Chicken, Spinach & Monterey Jack Quesadillas
It may seem like a long list, but many of these items cook on their own in the oven or stove top. You may also choose to make some during the week if you have a little more time some nights.
* Quick Week Night Dinner Tip
– Use post-its notes of what needs to be taken out of the freezer when and post them to your fridge, door or anywhere you’ll see it in the morning
– Then remove the note throughout the week as you pull things out of the freezer
– This will prevent the dreaded…”Oh Shi$! I forgot to pull….out of the freezer for dinner!”