Fresh Cod/Halibut Salad
The perfect dinner for busy weeknights. This meal cooks up in less than 20 minutes, is healthy and delicious! And its a great way to get more fish and healthy fats into your weekly diet.
5 adult servings
- 1&1/2 pounds fresh cod or halibut
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 tablespoon sesame seeds
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 2 large tomatos, diced
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 &1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
Place olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add fish and cook about 2 minutes each side. The fish should be white and flaky when done.
Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
Combine avocado, tomato and cucumber. Top with fish, scallions, cilantro, dressing and additional sesame seeds if desired. Serve. (You’ll have extra scallions, cilantro and dressing leftover for lunches later in the week.)